How to auto set Finder background color?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Vanilla, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Vanilla macrumors 6502a

I would really like to find a way of applying a default background colour to all sections of Finder when displaying a remote computer so I can easily identify the remote computer to Finder displaying the contents of my local compluter.

Maybe it's just me but when I open up my iMac from my MBP to transfer files to and from both I do find it hard to keep track of which computer I'm looking at in the Finder windows I have open. It would be really cool if when I opened a remote computer that Finder always displayed the contents with a distinct background colour I could define. A visual reference would be very helpful.

I can see how to manually set each and every page view when they are open, but I'd like all views automatically set and only for when I open a remote connection, NOT the local view - or better yet, be able to set both to automatically be set in different colours.

Is this possible?

Vanilla

2. jcs1088 macrumors regular

This can only be done in icon view. Right click in the empty space between folders and click Show View Options. A window will pop up giving you the ability to customize the finder. Once you've decided what you background is going to be click on Use as Defaults.

[​IMG]

3. Vanilla thread starter macrumors 6502a

THanks for this and it does help a lot. The ideal though is if I could be able to set a flag or some such that says "From now on when I open finder on this computer keep the background white, but when I open finder by clicking on a remote device or shared computer set the finder background to be xxxx"

Is that possible?

Vanilla