Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2011
Dear all,

I had applied to the barclays credit card on 25th sep and i was approved of the same. However, i didnt make any purchases within the 10 days of instant approval process.

Now i have received my card and am planning to purchase two iPhones on the same. However, I have no clue how to select the finance plan and go ahead with the financing options. Does anyone have any idea about the same? Can someone run me through the steps needed for the same?

Thanks. :)

muggerfugger

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2014
Kansas, USA
The 10 days instant credit was just so you could use the credit before you actually got the card.

Now since you have the card, you just check out and use it as you would any credit card, the financing should be done automatically, and will appear on your first statement along with the required minimum monthly payment, as long as you make the purchase within the 30 days after being approved.

Last edited:

rmchale

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2009
The 10 days instant credit was just so you could use the credit before you actually got the card.

Now since you have the card, you just check out and use it as you would any credit card, the financing should be done automatically, and will appear on your first statement along with the required minimum monthly payment, as long as you make the purchase within the 30 days after being approved.

What happens after 30 days? The 0% financing is only offered within the first 30 days?

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
What happens after 30 days? The 0% financing is only offered within the first 30 days?

Correct. And I thought it was less than 30 days but I'm not sure. Then you pay 19.99% or something similar. And 24 months is only if you spend over $1,000 I think. Under is 12 months.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
Just enter the card number where you would a normal credit card number and it'll recognize it as the financing.

rmchale

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2009
Just enter the card number where you would a normal credit card number and it'll recognize it as the financing.

I was thinking the barclay card was always 0% financing on Apple products. I didn't realize it was limited to a one time 30 days.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
I was thinking the barclay card was always 0% financing on Apple products. I didn't realize it was limited to a one time 30 days.

I thought in the States it was no interest for 12 months? In Canada it's only 3 months and I used it to buy a MacBook Air a few years ago. I got the Air then just paid the balance 11 weeks later, no interest charged.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.