How to avoid accidental camera launch in lock screen

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Isamilis, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Isamilis macrumors 6502

Hi everyone,

I have 4s with iOS 7.1.2. Any ideas how to do this? I am still using camera, only want to disable from the lock screen. Many times, it activate without notice and run out phone's battery.

Thanks

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

With the stock iOS you can't disable just the lockscreen camera access...you'd have to disable the camera app completely via Restrictions settings.

Your iOS version is one that can be jailbroken and there's a tweak to do what you want.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Any ideas how you are launching it accidentally? Is it when you are trying to unlock the phone (in which case you would notice it), or does it happen under some other conditions?

4. SuperKerem macrumors 6502a

SuperKerem

5. white4s macrumors 65816

just don't swipe up on the right side to unlock it. simple

6. Xenomorph macrumors 65816

Xenomorph

This is like asking how to stop accidentally texting a friend, or resizing a photo, or deleting emails.

The camera does not activate on its own. It requires someone to touch/grab/slide buttons on the interface.

7. Isamilis thread starter macrumors 6502

It's easy to accidentally swipe up the lock screen, especially when holding the phone. I have jailbroken, any ideas what tweak should be installed? I'm looking that kind tweak but could not found.