How to avoid being recorded during a conversation?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Giuanniello, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Giuanniello macrumors regular

Giuanniello

As a matter of accident I found out that a person I often talk on the phone recorded some of our conversations (the person uses Android), just wondering if there is a way on iOs to avoid being recorded.

Thank you

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

3. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Don't speak :D

All kidding aside, that's a tough one. Perhaps someone will come along with an answer for you.

4. -BigMac- macrumors 65816

-BigMac-

If someone kept recording me without telling me i would stop calling them. Text instead.

Who records calls:confused:

5. Giuanniello thread starter macrumors regular

Giuanniello

Unfortunately some people are sick, I pointed it out to the person in charge and got the recordings deleted in front of e, weird but true recording conversations is not a violation of privacy, at least in Italy, of course I'll not say anything "sensible" any longer to this person (if it ever happens again) but was just wondering if possible to forbid being recorded or, at least, finding out being recorded.

Thanks

6. Black Magic macrumors 68020

Black Magic

Recording without making it known to all parties is illegal in some places. I would review the laws in your area and go from there.

Now in regards to your query, iOS does not have the ability to detect when a call is being recorded. In fact, it would be impossible to block. Imagine someone putting you on speaker and enabling voice memo recording?

Ultimately, I would stop communicating with shady folks like that. If there are legal ramifications, I would let them know that they are breaking the law as well.