How to avoid "mobile" Internet sites?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Motorman, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Motorman macrumors newbie

When I am accessing an Internet site via my iPhone, I am occassionally redirected to that particular site's "mobile" page. Frequently, the mobile page will contain a link to view the "full site". Other times, there is no full site link and I am stuck with the watered down mobile page. Is there a trick to avoid the dreaded mobile page, so that the full site is always available on the Internet? Thanks

2. elfxmilhouse macrumors 6502

i too have this problem as well. very annoying when the iphone is capable of displaying the site but they redirect you to the mobile site without an option to see the full version.

3. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

I've been searching for an answer to this, but never found one. Was afraid to post in case I missed it. I hate reposting if possible.

4. transam7816 macrumors regular

5. rcarranza macrumors member

Find the link to the full site on the mobile site then add a bookmark to the full site on the main screen. When you access the site through the bookmark it'll be the full site.

Hope that helps!

6. carlos12321 macrumors newbie

7. carlos12321 macrumors newbie

my bad.. what trans. said, downlaod from Cydia. post up if you need full instructions...