How to avoid multiple installations in cydia?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iluvifone, Mar 5, 2011.

1. iluvifone macrumors 6502

I am using an iPhone 4, iOS 4.0.1.

I am looking to avoid installing a 'bundle' in cydia, specifically iLocalis, which comes bundles with iLocalis-Daemon (I am aware that this package is necessary) and LibPush (an un-necessary package that comes with iLocalis if you choose to have push notifications, which i do not).

Unfortunately, after installing the entire package, I noticed my battery draining like crazy, even though my iLocalis was set to update once per hour, not on push/etc. Uninstalling iLocalis and its' daemon helped narrow the issue, since the battery drain continued, therefore LibPush was at fault, but uninstalling LibPush did not solve the matter.

Before uninstalling it, I lost approx. 8% of battery per hour, with the phone on standby (completely out of my reach). This is also with wifi disabled. Next, after uninstalling LibPush, my battery drain was 4% per hour, with the phone idle.

Again, this is still very significant, considering that before I had iLocalis, the phone drained 1% per every 90 mins of standby.

So now, I am considering restoring my phone in iTunes, to get a fresh OS back, but I obviously need iLocalis, but I don't know how to install it and avoid LibPush at the same time. I considered just installing the Deb files for iLocalis and the daemon part, but that would make cydia prompt me to install Libpush each time i want to install something in Cydia :(

Any workarounds?

2. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

If you pushed a .deb file to do your updates to iLocalis, it should not be a problem. Just avoid Cydia for doing updates to iLocalis specifically.

Have you tried contacting the developer?

3. iluvifone, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2011

iluvifone thread starter macrumors 6502

I haven't contacted the developer (yet). I don't think there's much he can do. I'm not worried about pushing in the deb files for iLocalis updates, but if I want to install any new apps/tweaks in Cydia, or update anything else, it will always have "Libpush" in the Queue, since it regards it as mandatory (or a dependency, if you will) to work with iLocalis.

4. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

5. iluvifone thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm aware that it can be turned off, but as I stated in my first thread, i'm looking to not install the package file in teh first place.

6. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

I think your best path to a solution is to add a request to the thread I linked on the iLocalis forum. It seems like the author reads it, and is sympathetic to bug reports.

I'm sorry I couldn't help you any further.