How to back iphone 4 up!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iluvifone, Jan 21, 2011.

1. iluvifone, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011

iluvifone macrumors 6502

Hey all!

App store

apps - already backed up with itunes

settings - not sure if possible? Looking for a way to backup/restore the "preferences/settings" all at once (such as logins for eBuddy, facebook, etc.. and high scores for games, etc.. saved settings in tomtom, etc) in case I need to restore my phone.

Cydia apps

apps - Currently using PkgBackup

settings - Again, not sure if this is possible, but it sure would be nice to not have to re-input all my preferences and settings for all the jailbroken apps (Backgrounder, iBlacklist, Lockinfo)..

Thanks for your time

2. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

All the phone setting are saved with iTunes backup, Cydia now has a new method using accounts which saves what apps you have for easy re-downloading but I don't think there is any way to save specific application settings.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

When iTunes does a backup, it basically creates a disk image of all of your apps and settings, so when you restore, all of your apps and settings are included. I'm not sure if that includes you Cydia apps (as the only reason I ever Jailbroke was to have custom ringtones, then once there was a legitimate way to do it, undid it), but I would assume that everything in the app section of the phone would be backed up.

TEG

4. iluvifone thread starter macrumors 6502

To: Dhelsdon & TEG:

When you say that itunes backs up your settings, are you referring to the Settings icon in iOS, or my app settings/preferences for each installed app?