How to back up iphone contact

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by riveting, Sep 26, 2011.

1. riveting macrumors 6502

Hello,

I am currently using an unlocked iphone 1st generation, all my contact has been on iphone (not on the sim card). I am thinking of selling the iphone now and upgrade to iphone 4 later. But now before I upgrade the firmware of my iphone, I am wondering how can I back up the contact so when I got a new iphone 4, I can get back all my contact easily without any problem.

I can do it on PC or Mac. Really need a reliable solution, I would be pissed if all the contacts are gone.

Thanks,

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Just sync your phone with your computer via iTunes.

3. riveting thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't have any contact on my ituens, I am worried about it deleting all my contacts on my iphone instead of backing it up on my PC.

4. riveting thread starter macrumors 6502

Any one have some more detail on this question? The problem I can't risk of losing hundreds of contact on my iphone. I have some bad experience with itune sync before, I think it starts to sync once I connect my iphone to PC without a single question, then it essentially wiped out everything on my iphone as there are nothing in my itune library.

5. Sc00tr macrumors regular

just sync with itunes.

You can also sync to google which is what i do.

6. riveting thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, just synced with itune on a Mac. I saw them on my address book on Mac now.

Now I am wondering how can I back up my text message.

7. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

^ Just back up the phone. You can't see texts on the computer though.

8. conrad28 macrumors newbie

Next time I think you should use an app can help back up Contact to an online account. It will easy to restore contact list, even if your iPhone is lost or broken. I'm not good in using iTunes so I'm use iDrive lite, you can download free from App store.