How to back up my saved games when JB?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by GIZBUG, Oct 5, 2011.

1. GIZBUG macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

I have 4.3.5 on my ipad, and want to put ios 5 GM JB on it. Is there a way to ensure my saved games/progress in games such as Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, are not lost when upgrading to ios 5 GM JB? Last time I updated my os with JB'ing I lost all my saves.

2. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

You can download Redsn0w 0.9.9b3 for Windows using this link and Mac using this link.

Update:

Dev team has just released a new version of Redsn0w - Redsn0w 0.9.9b3a for Windows users to fix a caching bug. They explain:

Update #11a: We’ve replaced the Windows version of 0.9.9b3 with 0.9.9b3a. The new version fixes a caching bug that affected only Windows users — point it one more time at your iOS5GM IPSW, and from then on you won’t have to point at it again.

As a special bonus to Windows users, we’ve made it so that if you make a copy of redsn0w.exe and name it something like “justboot.exe” (anything with the word “boot” in it), it will start up in “Just Boot tethered” mode. That way you don’t have to click on any buttons at all to boot tethered! :)

3. GIZBUG thread starter macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

4. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

search this forum for this program: iPhone Explorer, download it, backup your saved games, then upgrade or whatever you want, when done, just transfer the saved backup of your games back, thats all to it. Just thought you also needed the latest redsnow..:eek:

JunkyDog