Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
I am jb/unlocked and want to backup 4.1 shsh blob but Cydia hasn't done that yet. When I connect my phone to TinyUmbrella, it only wants to backup the 4.0.1 blob I think which I already have saved somewhere on my computer.

Help?

I'm in europe and want to capture 4.1 signing in case it's jb and unlocked in the future.

Also, if it is jb/unlocked, is there a way to update from Europe or is that way too risky in losing everything?

Don't think I'll tamper with the OS until I get back from Europe to the US.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Check the checkbox for Advance Option and pick iPhone4 4.1 on the drop down menu

images

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
I see thanks :)

How about the other question about updating to 4.1 if jb/unlock comes out for it while abroad?

Good idea/not a good idea? Not sure it's worth risking it if it messes up then I'll be out a phone here.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I see thanks :)

How about the other question about updating to 4.1 if jb/unlock comes out for it while abroad?

Good idea/not a good idea? Not sure it's worth risking it if it messes up then I'll be out a phone here.

Need to wait for the JB to be released in order to know what would be the updating/upgrading path. chances are you will be just fine. But without the JB there is not way to tell for sure now

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
I see.

Yeah of course I won't even consider making any moves until jb AND unlock is out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.