iPhone How to backup a jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Veuxtres, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Veuxtres, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2014

Veuxtres macrumors newbie

Sry I know this question been ask earlier, I just need some detail on it. I'd never jailbreak ios since 3gs. Like to ask some basics be4 decided to doing it on my iphone 6

If I backup via iTunes after jailbreak it, will the backup keep the jailbreak?

If I jailbreak on ios 8.1, how do I keep the jailbreak apps and data to the to the next ios update jailbreak?

2. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

3. Veuxtres thread starter macrumors newbie

Opss? So which mean I can use the pangu backup and restore on the taig jailbreak and that's it?

So if I wanna unjailbreak the phone just backup the jailbreak iphone via itune and restore it back with that?

I'm very sorry for asking a repeating thread

4. bbrks, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2014

bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

No and no, I thought my post was clear...Pangu and Taig are two different jailbreaking tools. The only reasonable thing to do is always fresh restore, fresh jailbreak and than installing all the tweaks back manually, one by one.

That backup, they are talking about is never 100 % right. But that is only my opinion :)
    You can try and if the things get messed up, you still have the time to do everything from the beginning, as I stated above.

And not to forget, we are talking about two different firmwares, so it's even worse.

5. Veuxtres thread starter macrumors newbie