How to Backup my iPhone Contacts, apps, notes, etc to my new MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sweetlilit33, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Sweetlilit33 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I recently had a problem and lost all the information that was on the Hard Drive of my Dell PC Laptop.
    My iTunes sync, songs, applications, contacts... everything is gone.

I just got a MacBook Pro and I want to backup my iPhone 3G to the iTunes on my new laptop. I have a bunch of applications, contacts, notes, etc on my phone and I don't want to lose any of them.

Is there a way I can backup everything on my new iTunes without losing anything? (mainly the contacts and applications)

I appreciate the help!
    Thanks in advance:)

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Plug it to itunes on the new computer.
    Then right click on the iphone listed on the left side of itunes and select transfer purchases.
    Then once its done right click on it again and select backup.
    Everything will transfer to your new library besides your music, videos and ringtones.
    Also you gotta make sure you authorize the computer to acess the same itunes login account you were using before.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You can get the music, etc. transferred with 3rd party software.

The last thing you SHOULD do is sync your iPhone. That way you'll have contacts in Address Book, notes in Mail, etc.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

True, if you dont have acess to your old music library you can transfer the songs out of your iphone thru 3rd party programs.
    Good catch Aggie. :)

5. Sweetlilit33 thread starter macrumors newbie

its ok, I dont need the music actually.. I have already downloaded all the music back.. it took time but i did it lol :)
    but thanks a lot for your help! now I can connect my phone to iTunes with no worries :)
    thanks again!:)