How to backup the ENTIRE phone (sms included)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hibanzai, Oct 25, 2011.

1. hibanzai macrumors member

I'd like to go to the apple store to see if I can replace my phone since my battery seems to get worse by the day (shiny new iPhone 4s). I'd like to backup the entire phone before going to the store, incase I get mine replaced on the spot, ideally I'd like to backup EVERYTHING. SMS', chatlogs, contacts, calenders, pictures, music, apps, game scores. Simply eeeeeveeerything.

Any kind gentleman or woman would direct me on how to do so. I know iTunes backs my phone every time I connect it to my laptop, but I don't think sms' are backed as well. Am I right?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Everything is backed up every time you sync your iphone to your libary.
    Including sms etc...
    Or you can plug it in and right click on your iphone on the left at itunes and select backup. It will do the same thing.

3. Mindy60 macrumors regular

I've never done a restore. But just now out of curiosity I right clicked as you said to do a restore and received a popup that said, "This will restore only the contacts, calendars, notes, text messages, and settings."

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, that doesnt restore the firmware.
    It just restores your stuff back on the phone using one of your backups.