How To Batch Save Changes to ID3 Tags?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Alx9876, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Alx9876 macrumors 6502a

Alx9876

:)Hi everyone,

This has been bothering me for quite sometime.

I have made changes to my mp3 files Genre, Album, Artist to make it all nice and consistent etc. However if I "Rebuild the iPod playlist from the database" via exernal hard drive, then all the changes are lost, and it reverts back to the MP3 file attributes of the original ID3 tags.

Meaning I have to re-edit them again. This is my main reason for not putting everything from my music folder into itunes. I hate having to re-edit every single music file everytime my itunes library goes down the tubes.

Anyway to save edits/changes in itunes permanently into the actual file on my external hard drive?

2. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

All my files are changed whenever I edit anything. Do you let iTunes organize your music folder? Thats about the only thing I could think would make a difference....:confused:

3. Alx9876 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Alx9876

I dont' let iTunes touch any of my music. I do everything myself. I posted this on another website and found my answer. Thank you though.:)

4. Alx9876 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Alx9876

I dont' let iTunes touch any of my music. I do everything myself. I posted this on another website and found my answer. Thank you though.:)