Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chipandegg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
UK
Just got a few answers from a couple threads, though I'm not been notified via my email address about them, but by reloading pages?

Have I changed anything?

Cheers

chipandegg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
UK
Thought this had been resolved...

Did what you said, Instant Email Notification and that, but still there is no notifying email (just got a reply on another thread I started, reloaded the page etc). The email is correct and details are correct.

When I look in the Subscribed Threads in Folder, the Notification column says None for all the threads I have started.

Any advice would be great

Thanks

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
I think for threads you have already subscribed to (before changing the toggle), it won't email you. For new threads, it will.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Try creating a new thread here in Site and Forum Feedback forum (e.g. just "email notification test"). We will reply to it and you can report the success. When it has been sorted, we can delete that test thread.

chipandegg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
UK
Try creating a new thread here in Site and Forum Feedback forum (e.g. just "email notification test"). We will reply to it and you can report the success. When it has been sorted, we can delete that test thread.

I'll try that right now.

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
It only seems to work with new threads, hence a new thread was required.

Unless of course he wants do subscribe after the fact, while viewing an already-existing thread. In that case, I would think Q's instructions - from the link I posted above - would do the trick:

How to subscribe to a thread

While viewing a thread, choose Subscribe to this Thread from the Thread Tools drop-down menu. Specify whether and how you are to be notified when new posts are made in that thread:
  • No Email Notification. You won't get email when there are new posts in the thread.
  • Instant notification by email. The forum system will email you a link to new posts in the thread. If more than one new post is made before you visit MacRumors, you will get only one email.
  • Daily updates by email. The forum system will email you a link to new posts in the thread at most once per day.
  • Weekly updates by email. The forum system will email you a link to new posts in the thread at most once per week.
If you choose email notification, the email will include a link to the first post you haven't previously seen (as far as the forum system can tell).​

It would be a hassle to go back and review all threads one had previously participated in to do this, but it might be worth it for certain threads one is very interested in following responses to.​

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.