How to best capitalize on Holiday Sales?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by got23hops, Dec 20, 2015.

1. got23hops macrumors newbie

Hey, I'm a lurker in the forum, and wanted to get the help of the community. I've asked Santa for an Apple gift card so that I can get an iPad Air 2 for Christmas. However, currently the sales at other retailers like Best Buy and Target are almost too good to pass up. Here are my concerns/questions:

- Does anyone know if the holiday sales usually extend beyond Christmas? I assume Apple doesn't do similar sales, right?

- If I buy an Air 2 at BB/Target before Christmas (essentially to lock in the sales price), will I be able to go to the Apple store after Christmas and get a price match?

- If I'm not able to get a price match, am I able to return the gift cards for cash? does anyone know if any retailers accept or honor Apple store gift cards? Are there any good resources for selling/swapping gift cards where you can retain 95+ percent of the value?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

3. CaptMarvel macrumors 6502a

CaptMarvel

I'd recommend buying the Air 2 somewhere other than Apple if you want it brand new and you're trying capitalize on sale prices. Maybe a refub from them if you want to use your giftcard towards it. If not, use the giftcard on peripherals like cases, etc and stick to forking over the cash for for the Air 2 at a lower price from a Target, Best Buy or other retailer as opposed to sticker price.

4. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

You're over complicating it. Buy it now wherever its cheapest. Done.

That's what I just did (bought an air 2 at BB to replace an aging iPad 4. Love it! Even more, since it was $125 off :)

5. bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

Agree...buy it now from whoever has it cheapest. Soon the sales will end and then you'll have to pay regular price.

No idea when they'll be discounted next.

6. Nismo73 macrumors 6502a

Since the Air 2 is coming to the end of its cycle, I don't see why it wouldn't get another sale period at BB/Target again after this sale period.

7. sluggozmom macrumors 6502

sluggozmom

I bought 2 iPads during the Black Friday sales. Use your Red Card at target if you have one and buy there to save an additional 5%

8. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

You might get a very quick sale as residual inventory is cleared out for iPad Air 3 (or whatever). But then again, you might not. Do you feel lucky?

9. bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

The Air3 probably won't be announced until October 2016...I wouldn't say that the Air2 is approaching its end cycle just yet.

Can the OP wait that long? I got the impression 'No'.