How to best clean 30 pin slot?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Benji222, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

I don't want to use canned air because last time I think it was the source of the dust in my screen.
    Any good tips?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I poke at mine with a clean, never used paintbrush. It seems to do a good job at it.

3. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

Carefully soak the bottom part of the iPhone in water. Try not to get it wet.

4. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

Just use a toothpick or something else like it.

5. mlts22 macrumors 6502a

I second the idea of a paintbrush. Canned air may not be a good idea, but may not hurt if you hit it from far enough away.

6. iVoid macrumors 65816

A q-tip might fit, but the paint brush idea is good as well.

7. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

I've always used an aircan and never had problems. Use it for that, the speaker/mic and the headphone jack...

8. scull20 macrumors newbie

Got some hair clippers a while back...came with a a tiny brush and a big brush to clean the clippers. I just use the tiny brush to get into the dock connector, speaker hole, mic holes and headphone jack. Its astounding the amount of dust comes out sometimes. Ill use some compressed air for good measure occasionally.

-Ryan

9. mlts22 macrumors 6502a

I'm afraid of the fibers on the q-tip catching on something and being left behind. I've seen some squeeze-bulb lens cleaners that give enough force to move dust, but not enough that it might damage delicate electronics at some camera stores. That might do the trick.