Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lancebug

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
I was about to buy a new powerbook when the macbooks were announced. Thing is I still want the powerbook. The reasons vary (2x firewires is one). Another is I want to get a pricebreak and I dont want to cope with buggy software and upgrade issues. My real POINT is this: how and where (and when) to get the best price now on a g4 15" (M9969LLA). Certainly they cant stay up at $1.9k-$2k now that the mactel books are out. Any ideas?

ieani

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2006
the states for now
lancebug said:
I was about to buy a new powerbook when the macbooks were announced. Thing is I still want the powerbook. The reasons vary (2x firewires is one). Another is I want to get a pricebreak and I dont want to cope with buggy software and upgrade issues. My real POINT is this: how and where (and when) to get the best price now on a g4 15" (M9969LLA). Certainly they cant stay up at $1.9k-$2k now that the mactel books are out. Any ideas?

The best place is prob here, from some broke bloke, who simply cannot wait for the cash to get his hands on a new Macbook pro.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Yeah, check out the marketplace. I've seen two for around $1400+shipping and one even lower!

spencecb

Suspended
Nov 20, 2003
I have a 1 GHz G4 15" Aluminum PowerBook that I am considering selling. I used it as my primary computer for a bout a year, until I bought my iMac G5, now I rarely use the PowerBook. Interested in it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.