How to boost Firefox 3 start up?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GuillaumeB, Jul 3, 2008.

1. GuillaumeB macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

Hi all,

after comparing Safari 4 and Firefox 3 I came to the conclusion that Firefox might more suitable for me especially because it remember ALL passwords (like it keeps forgetting the one of .Mac) and even though I reversed back to the classic bar, it is still smart enough to pop u site i visit frequently

My main concern is the starting up time. safari is really fast at launch but Firefox takes sooo long.

Is there a way to store firefox right inside the RAM something to make it load as fast? Or is there any thing i can try to change in the about:config file?

Otherwise:
    i understand that the software 1Password might help Safari remember ALL passwords but i'm not willing to pay $35 bucks for that. Any alternatives?

Thanks

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

this is advantages of OS integration of Safari. I m not sure there is anything Firefox can do. (There is way of pre-loading partially on windows. but I think of no such measure on OSX)

3. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

You could not quit the application when you are using it. I typically just close the windows, especially if there is enough memory on your system.

If it is a login/startup thing, you can add it to login items.

4. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

5. boast macrumors 65816

boast

Just curious, why would you keep closing and opening firefox instead of just opening it once and letting it be? Any modern computer with internet access will use the web at least once a day, so might as well keep the browser open all the time...

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I have the same habit of closing it as well. I just can't explain it.

Minefield (Intel optimized) FireFox seems a heck of a lot faster on my Core 2 Duo then on a Core Duo.