How to boot XP in safe mode and use mouse

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Consciousness, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Consciousness macrumors newbie

So thanks to hunterjoules i can now restart windows normally, however i still need to boot into safe mode with the use of my trackpad (mouse) are there any fixes for this?

Thanks in advance

2. Consciousness thread starter macrumors newbie

Boot camp XP Safe mode Problems!!

I still cannot boot XP into Safe Mode using Boot Camp without losing all functionality of my keyboard and mouse, can anybody HELP! Is there a way around this?

MacBook White 2Ghz OS X Leopard
    Boot Camp 2.1
    Windows XP SP3
    Partitioned NTFS

3. ZMacintosh macrumors 6502a

ZMacintosh

you have to press F8 immediately after selecting the XP partition.

might need to do fn+F8

4. Consciousness thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, ZMac, I have tried this and still get the results no mouse or keyboard.

Any other ideas?

5. Quartz Extreme macrumors regular

Quartz Extreme

6. Consciousness thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a feeling a USB Keyboard or mouse might work also, unfortunately i don't have access to on at the moment, so was looking for some other solution.

So far i have enabled the autologon feature and am looking into disabling the logon screen to see if i can go straight to the command prompt.

We'll see.

7. Consciousness thread starter macrumors newbie

Still no luck! i am out of ideas. I cant believe something as critical as mouse and keyboard operation would be unoperable. What kind of half baked solution is this to seamlessly intergrate windows and OS X.

Well if i havn't come up with a solution soon i will just have to buy a usb mouse and see if that works, although i have read reports of none of these working at times with parallels install issues. It seems Boot camp has some of its own.

Waiting in hope.