how to bridge modem and use AEBS for everything?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by j2048b, Apr 24, 2011.

1. j2048b macrumors 6502a

I have a verizon 327w by westell, and a dual band aebs, i want to be able to use the aebs to do all the ip adresses and be able to forward ports (not sure how to do this ?)

i guess my main question is how to do this? how do i turn my 327w into bringe mode and then make the aebs the main modem/router and just get the data from the westell?

if i do this will the ports outa the back of my westell 327w atill be active to plug stuff into?

thanks for any and all help.

i can read, and have read a few manuals but reading it, and understanding it is harder for me unless someone more experienced can break it all down for me in laymans terms.

thanks

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I think you are confused. You cannot turn the AEBS into a modem, because it is a router. A modem takes the incoming signal from your ISP and converts it into a format your computer can make sense out of. The AEBS does not have this capability, as it relies on the demodulated signal from the modem.

3. j2048b thread starter macrumors 6502a

oh ok, so if i bout the new cisco 3000 then i can use it and sell my aebs! might have to go that route!

thanks

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I have no idea. "Cisco 3000" yields several different search results. Despite that, I still have no idea what you want to even do- you seem to be working off a major misconception. Buying another router won't magically turn a router into a modem. Your AEBS is a router that works just fine.