How to Burn 700MB+ CD-R?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nope7308, Jun 14, 2010.

1. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

A friend ripped a few CDs for me, but some of them don't fit on a standard 700MB CD-R disc. The additional data is usually negligible in size... say, 715MB total.

Is there anyway to burn these CDs on a single CD-R disc using Toast Titanium? I can't figure it out and I'm starting to get a headache...

Thanks!

2. mrbash macrumors 6502

This depends on whether the CD ROM drive you have supports overburning. Generally MAC hardware does not have this feature enabled. Your options include getting an external CD-ROM drive with the a firmware version that allows 'overburning'. You can also get CD-Rs that support this feature, but I believe that all CDRs support it, so it may just be a marketing gimic.

3. nope7308 thread starter macrumors 65816

nope7308

Hmm, I have an aluminum Macbook... would this drive be capable of 'over-burning'? Is it even possible for Toast Titanium to perform this feature?

It just seems a bit odd that a Red Book CD rip would yield an image greater than 700MB. It seems kind of backwards to make the end-user jump through all these hoops. Any practical suggestions? Are there readily available CD-R discs with 800MB instead?

Thanks for the help.

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine