how to burn a dvd

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by emefer, May 5, 2008.

1. emefer macrumors newbie

Apr 30, 2008
    Hey, just wondering if I can use IDVD to burn a movie to dvd if I copied it with mactheripper or do I have to use other software
  2. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

Apr 16, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Copying commercial DVDs is not condoned here.

But anyway, MacTheRipper copies the contents of the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders, just as they were on the original disc. iDVD does not import these. You'll have to do this with Toast.
  3. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

Jan 16, 2008
    You could try putting them in other formats if you don't want to pay for Toast.

Also, dude - don't illegally burn DVDs.
  4. Applepi macrumors 6502a

Aug 15, 2007
  5. usfscaptain14 macrumors newbie

May 5, 2008
    Greetings! Im new here and to MAC"S. I just bought a Macbook PRO 17'' and im trying to flush my head of Pc's. This guy told me he could use Toast to copy blu-ray movies. Is this true? I wouldn't recommend it. But i'm wondering if it's true.
  6. ClemsonGLI macrumors newbie

Feb 11, 2008
    Right now i have the newest version of toast and Ripped Video_TS file. How do i compress and burn it so it functions like a dvd?
  7. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
    Drag the VIDEO_TS folder to the Toast window.
  8. ClemsonGLI macrumors newbie

Feb 11, 2008
    Did that it was making a data disc. BUT i just relized under video there is a burn Video_TS option with fit to dvd. So thanks!
  9. emefer thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 30, 2008
    Not trying to Bootleg DVD's. I just want to back mine up for my own personal use. Isn't that what these programs were designed for? BTW does anyone know where I can get a pirated copy of toast (JK)
  10. hardnovember69 macrumors newbie

May 6, 2008
    I need help! When i put in a blu-ray movie to back it up using MTR and Toast9 it wont read the disk. I thought i could copy blu-Ray am i wrong?
  11. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Apr 10, 2007
    I'm assuming you have an actual Blu-Ray player. Correct? MTR, to my knowledge, does not yet support Blu-Ray movies. Could be wrong, though. Toast won't rip Blu-Ray. It will only burn to Blu-Ray. But again, I could be wrong.