How to burn AAC files as MP3s in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fstigre, Jan 15, 2010.

1. fstigre macrumors regular

fstigre

Hi,

I would like to burn AAC files as MP3 in iTunes. I tried checking the option MP3 CD in the burning dialog box but it didn't work, It said something like these files cannot be burned as mp3, these are songs from the iTunes store (aac files).

How can this be done in iTunes if your songs are AAC?

Do I need to convert them to MP3s first? If yes, will this convert my downloaded files (.aac files form iTunes store ) to mp3s as well?

Thanks

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Are the songs in the m4p format? If so they are protected files. You could get around this. Do a search on google.

3. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Yes

If they are m4p-files: No, you have to burn them to CD and re-import them as mp3.

If they are m4a-files: I don't know. Try it!

To tell what format they have: select a song in iTunes and reveal the file with CMD-R. :)

4. fstigre thread starter macrumors regular

fstigre

They are .m4a, they came like that when I downloaded them from the iTunes store. I will play around with this and see what can do.

Do you guys know if it is possible to re-download songs that you have purchased in the apple store in the future if you need to?

In other words, if for some reason something happens to my library and I lost all my songs will I be able to go to iTunes and download any purchased song again.

Thanks a lot!

5. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

You'll have to call Apple support and confess your sin (not to backup your stuff properly) and they will make a once-in-a-lifetime exception and will let you re-download your music. So backing up your music seems to be a good idea. :)