How to burn data on a Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dune45, Nov 30, 2008.

1. dune45 macrumors newbie

Hi. I have a new macbook and I wanted to burn data files onto a cd or dvd but it doesnt seem like the mac has a software to do that. i know itunes can burn stuff but can it burn multi-session cds? also can it burn non-music files like picture or document files. anyone know any good mac software that can burn multi-session cds and also burn data to dvd? thanks

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

OS X does it natively, I believe. I've never had a problem.

3. joker2 macrumors 6502a

joker2

Insert the blank disc and it will give you an icon in Finder to drag items to in order to burn it. Then there will be what looks to be a radioactive symbol in order to burn it.

Multisession instructions at Apple Support

If you really want third party software, check out Roxio's Toast.

4. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

iTunes can do your audio cds / mp3 cds, if your going to want to do advanced stuff like Video cds, etc i would recommend Toast 9

5. dmiller macrumors member

6. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Make what's called a "Burn Folder." Go to somewhere like your Desktop or Documents, wherever, and right click and select "New Burn Folder." A new folder will be created and you will drag and drop the files you want to burn onto it (it will copy them automatically, not move the originals) and then open the folder and click the "Burn" button. Of course, you'll need a blank CD in the drive first :p