How to burn DVD's?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rph105, Aug 1, 2008.

1. rph105 macrumors 6502

rph105

So I went out and bought Roxio's toast 8, tried to burn an AVI file with the DVD video option (encoding: automatic, video quality: best)

Throw the movie in my DVD player, my ps3, my ps2, my 360 and it comes out like the photo below. Some ****** letterbox view at the top of the screen?
    WDF is up with that, do any of you know any good programs to rip AVI's to DVD.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

iDVD works fine for me. for .AVI files you may require "Perian" which adds codecs to quicktime (iDVD uses quicktime codecs)

I also use Visual Hub (around $20 shareware) to quickly burn to DVD. This quick way has no menus, the movie starts when the disc loads. If you burn multiple videos, hitting the skip button should move between movies.

Visual Hub also converts to and from many video formats, I use it to convert .AVIs to .Mp4 (iTunes) / Flash(.flv) to .Mp4 (iTunes)/ .Mp4, .Avi to DVD (playable in standalone DVD player.)

3. tomewatson macrumors newbie

Toast

Toast should work, but it can be fussy about the input file. Are you able to play the .avi file in quicktime?

Try posting your question on the Toast 8 forum on the Roxio web site. Someone over there may have run into this before.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showforum=130

Tom