Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SR 7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
I am trying to install windows 7 on my parallels/fuzion 3.0 (i have both) but I don't know how to get my windows 7 onto a DVD cd burning it so I can do it.

How do I burn this? I put all the files and folders into DVD data and burned it but once I go through Parallels to upload it it doesn't read it. How do I properly burn this? I guess I need it to read lke a regular CD ?

gugucom

macrumors 68020
May 21, 2009
Munich, Germany
I assume you have an .iso file for the operating system. Most virtual machines actually take iso files for installation. Nativ Bootcamp Windows need the disk installation mode.

In OS X your can use disk utility to burn an iso to DVD. In Windows the free app ImgBurn is the best.

SR 7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
I assume you have an .iso file for the operating system. Most virtual machines actually take iso files for installation. Nativ Bootcamp Windows need the disk installation mode.

In OS X your can use disk utility to burn an iso to DVD. In Windows the free app ImgBurn is the best.

how do you use disk utilily? nevr heard of it and i Just opened it but no idea what it does.

SR 7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
If you're lost in Disk Utility download Burn http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/ go to the "Copy" tab and drop your ISO image to the provided target.

Do you have an ISO or are you the victim of one of those Student downloads that came down as EXE or BOX?

B

what is a student download? the you get it for $30 from the website and download it? what you mean by victim? loll

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
what is a student download? the you get it for $30 from the website and download it? what you mean by victim? loll

Yes. The $30 student download. The first participants got the download in a form that was incompatible.

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.