How to Burn iTunes-Store Movies?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by legaleye3000, Nov 28, 2007.

1. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

Hi- I purchased a couple movies from the iTunes store and want to burn to DVD to watch on the TV...

How do I do this? Thank you!

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

This is not allowed by the DRM...AppleTV is a way to do this kinda...

3. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

You can't. They're protected by DRM and there's no way I'm aware of to convert them to DVD successfully. If you want to watch iTunes-purchased content on a TV you pretty much have to buy an AppleTV.

4. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

That sucks....

Someone told me I can use a program in Windows to do it, but was wondering if there are any MAC programs that will do it....?

5. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

As far as I was aware there aren't any programs that'll successfully strip the DRM from iTunes video purchases. Yeah, it sucks, but the content providers specifically don't want you to do this. I mean, if you could, then why would you buy the DVDs they're selling? :rolleyes:

6. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

if you have a video capable iPod, you can get the cables to hook up to your TV. thats a bit cheaper than an appleTV. but other than that i dont know a very good solution since you can't burn DVDs from iTunes.

7. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

Can't you:

1. Get the movie file from user>music>iTunes>movies>film name
    2. Import to iMovie
    3. export to iDVD
    4. Burn

Wouldn't that be possible??

8. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

correct me if I'm wrong but I think it won't work because those programs won't let drm protected content in...

9. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

So is there anyway I could backup my movies from iTunes if I don't have an external hard drive?

10. tjmrpm04 macrumors member

I have not tried this but was thinking in a hypothetical sense the other day about this. I have a 17" iMac with MiniDVI to SVideo adapter going to my HDTV to play Itunes content. Couldn't I put that through my component DVD recorder and record from there? I have not tried this because honestly I dont need to as I have a Video iPod and my iMac hooked directly up to the TV, but was curious about the same thing. I dont believe that the DRM would cause issues with a component DVD Burner. Just my $.02

BTW, as of yesterday I have finished my complete transformation from PC World to Mac World. I now replaced my work and home computers with Mac's. I am a happy man now. :) Have a great day people!

Thom

11. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

Sure. You can burn the movie files to a DVD, just as you would burn data files. You just can't create a movie DVD that will play in a DVD player.

12. mike12806 macrumors 6502

Well you can burn them to a DVD, but only in a data format, which will not play on a DVD player and keeps the DRM intact.

13. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Thanks. That's good enough for me. :)

14. shaggyinpville macrumors newbie

yes there is a way

i use a mac and i use parallels and a software called tunebite for windows

tunebite is a windows only software and in my opinion the only thing good about windows

tunebite removes the DRM from movie and audio files from itunes the thing is it is not done very quickly it takes the entire length of the movie to do

there is also a software out there called sound taxi + videorip i believe it to be a windows software as well and it is suppose to remove the DRM as well

best of luck