How to burn my video from iMovie onto DVD

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by san001, Mar 23, 2014.

1. san001 macrumors member

Hi

I have just bought an iMac and have done a short video in iMovie

How do i burn this onto a DVD?

I would appreciate any advice, but in simple terms as i am just learning all of this

Many thanks

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

3. ChrisA macrumors G4

You do know that DVD is only "standard definition" while your camera likely is "HD". You loose a lot of quality by converting to DVD.

You would be better off burning to a blue ray disk.

4. san001 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the advice.

I have managed to burn this, and quality looks good if maybe a bit stuttered.

I will invest then in a blue ray disk burner.

5. kelub macrumors regular

If a DVD player is your only option to play the video, then yeah, it is what it is. You do lose the quality, though.

If you have an Apple TV, then you can use the iMovie Theater for smaller videos (it does count against your iCloud storage limit) or share the file through iTunes & Home Sharing.

If you're just looking to create videos then rewatch them yourself, I'd suggest investing in an Apple TV over a bluray burner. Unless you're needing to give out discs, you just may not need it that often. An Apple TV would let you watch the file that's already on your mac without transferring it to anything else.

6. san001 thread starter macrumors member

i agree and and will look at the option of Apple TV together with 2 external hard drives to save all my files on.

Thanks for all advice

7. bray macrumors newbie

burn imovie to dvd

Some converters may help you. I found on App Store. Adoreshare DVD Creatore Mac should be good. It can burn any videos to dvd and dvd disc. It allows you to create a menu in dvd. But you need to pay for it If you want to get full licences. Maybe you can try the free trial.

8. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

9. Jean G. Groves macrumors newbie

Jean G. Groves

If you have chosen this sharing option but do not see the list of social ...... at protection, I don't seem to have "changes" block under review tab.Why not try a new way to do that, from the beginning to the completion of the shelf life is complete, more information please attention: http://www.imovietodvd.com/