How to buy iPhone at full price?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Juan007, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

AT&T wants to give me a crappy $200 - $18 discount in exchange for a 2 year contract. I don't want to take that offer, I just want to pay full price w/ no new contract. But, Apple Store, AT&T website, etc have no way for me to choose is option. Any ideas how to do this?

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Only way to buy it full price is walk in into an Apple store, and buy the AT&T version at $599. However, there is a catch it will be locked to AT&T until they make some kinda rule to unlocked it. Otherwise I recommend you to wait like me and others to buy the factory unlocked iPhone 4S in November.

3. Juan007 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Juan007

Yeah, I know it will be locked, just don't want to wait an extra month. I guess I will check the Apple Store on launch day. BTW full price is 649 /749 / 849 on 4S, nothing 599 anymore.

4. KJmoon117 macrumors 6502a

Have somebody in Canada buy one for you. Other than that, I think waiting a month is a better idea. :S

5. Epic Xbox Revie macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

I think if you are eligible for the upgrade, online won't let you buy it at full price. I'd call At&T and talk to a rep about it.

6. robby818 macrumors 6502a

OP- your best bet is to wait until people who are eligible for an upgrade sell them on craigslist. A lot of people do this. You'll save a couple of hundred dollars over a new retail one. You might need to be a little patient as prices will be high initially, but I think by Nov. there should be quite a few out there.

7. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

AT&T full price has always been $599 the extra $50 is for the premium factory unlocked iPhones! However, why buy a locked phone that will have a less resell value because you can get it right now?! I rather just wait for a month and get something that for sure will sell whenever you don't need it and world wild as well! (We have been waiting for 16 months for the new iPhone to come out) another month won't kill you ;)