How to buy Refurbished Macbook Pro 17" from Poland?!?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macmania82, Apr 14, 2009.

1. macmania82 macrumors regular

I'm from Poland and want to buy Refurbished Macbook Pro 17", but apple online store doesn't have Refurbished Shop for Poland : ( I rang apple shops in here and they say that they can't help me for refurbished! and I have no enough money for brand new one :(

Is there any way that I can buy my dream macbook pro (refurbished) from apple store?!

Thanks for helps...

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Craigslist
    Ebay

Note that shipping will be pretty pricy anyway.

3. macmania82 thread starter macrumors regular

Hey thanks for asnwer : )

laptop that I buy from EBAY or CRAIGLIST are really refurbished with Apple Warranty? or you mean like Second-hand Macbook Pro?

Because I buy from people at such portals, not directly from Apple...

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

If they don't sell it at offical stores, then those are some of your options, or have someone from the US bring it when they visit.

I always check the serial to see how much warranty is remaining when buying from third party.

5. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

In other words, no, whatever you find on ebay or Craigslist will not an official refurb product from Apple.

6. macmania82 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks a lot all you, you are really helping!

So it really doesn't worth to spend thousands dollar for such system from ebay or such portals. discount will not be more than 20-30% anyway... probably the best way for me is going for brand new one with student discount..

any chance to transfer warranty regist. name after buying laptop. I mean if I use my girlfriend's student card and buy for her name, than can we change the details for my name?

thanks thanks thanks for help : )

7. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

In Poland?!? You may want to contact Applecare Poland to see. In the US, I bought a iMac from a student. It was kind of a pain in the ass to get applecare put on it, but it was doable.