How to buy the new Ipad 3 has white bluish screen

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by studiobuzzi, Mar 27, 2012.

1. studiobuzzi macrumors newbie

Dear All,

I'm looking for to buy a new Ipad 3 has white bluish screen, because I hate yellowish screen but I don't know how to choose the version of them ( 16 GB Wifi...64 GB Wifi-4G, White or Black, USA or Hong Kong...)

Can you check serial number before buy them at here ?

http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html/

If you have experience for buying the new Ipad, please help me.

Thanks

2. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

Have you gone into Best Buy or an Apple Store and physically looked at the new iPads? Reason I ask, is I feel this yellowish issue is always overblown on Apple forums because most of us tend to be very OCD about it. It's always yellow to people here. Same thing happened when people went from iPhone 3G/3Gs to the iPhone 4. Same with 13" White MacBooks to 13" Unibody MacBooks and then to 13" Unibody MacBook Pros.

I'm very OCD about my screens and when I compare my new iPad (pre-order batch from Apple's online store) vs my original iPad, the new iPad is just a tiny bit warmer/yellow, which Apple wanted since it's more natural. It's not piss yellow like some of the photos on forums. I might have lucked out and got a less yellow iPad, but it's not that bad of an issue. Compared 3 new iPads from family members to my new iPad and my original iPad and a relative's iPad 2.

Other than that, you can always go and open and return iPads until you get the right blueish iPad you want. Will be time consuming for you though. Another thing is you can wait a few months until Sharp starts making some of the panels. Even then, it's not a guarantee they'll be blueish.

3. studiobuzzi thread starter macrumors newbie

4. GUCCIMAN macrumors regular

My advice is that white blue isn't always the best... Find a few iPads and compare them, I had 3 at one point because i was looking for a cool blue tint but they don't look as good when you are reading and pictures don't look natural. One of my 3 had a warmer tone to it, not yellow but not cool blue either and I kept it cause it looked nicer and was brighter.