How to bypass iOS5 Welcome Screen?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hostelo, Oct 28, 2011.

1. hostelo macrumors newbie

Hi.

I updated an iphone to ios while preserving the firmware so i would be able to use it with gevey.

the problem is when I try to set up the phone for the first time when I get to the activating sim screen it says its invalid.

and I dont have the sim from the original carrier!!

:confused::confused::confused:

is there anyway I can bypass this screen till i get an original sim?

thanks

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

No.

You'll need the original SIM. If you don't have it I suggest you call Apple or AT&T.

3. hostelo thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

As long as you have SHSH blobs, then yes. You should be able to without issue.

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

which phone do you have? if 3GS, you do not need SHSH blob save and you still can downgrade it to 4.1, then hactivate it with Redsn0w.

6. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Doesn't matter. If you're on this screen it's because your phone shipped with ops 5, so no matter the current model, you can't downgrade as there won't be blobs

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

He said:
    So obviously the phone didnt come with 5.0 he just updated to custom 5.0 while saving his gevey unlockable baseband.

8. hostelo thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah its an iphone 4 that i updated from iOS4 to iOS5 with the base band preserved to use gevey sim

and no I did not save the blobs

am i screwed till i find a original sim from the carrier?

no way to turn this back? cause i thought the SHSH was for firmware issues not for downgrading

thanks

:(

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I would just get a an AT&T micro sim to activate officially. They're like $1-2 on ebay. Offcourse if its a US AT&T locked iphone 4.

10. hostelo thread starter macrumors newbie

nah this one is from spain. movistar

no way to skip this screen in ios5 or downgrade then?

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can hactivate by jailbreaking but that will be tethered.
    Or order a Movistar sim online.

12. hostelo thread starter macrumors newbie

how can I hacktivate if im still on the ios5 welcome screen?

13. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Go to www.iclarified.com to get the tutorial for hactivate your phone.

14. hostelo thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry but i cant find how to hacktivate if im in the ios5 welcome screen

please help me out and post a direct link

thanks and sorry for bothering

15. hostelo thread starter macrumors newbie

ok i did a tethered JB and was finally able to get in to the home screen!!

im on firmware 3.10.01

but now my gevey wont work!!
    ive restarted the phone multiple times with the tethered boot but the 112 message screen wont show up!

any ideas?

16. mushtaqc macrumors newbie

Iphone 4 IOS5 upgrade

Follow the following step using snowbreez ( there is option to activate the phone), Use snowbreez to preserve your baseband

http://www.ijailbreak.com/ijailbreak-downloads-section/

You have an iPhone that is unlocked using the Gevey SIM card running iOS 4, chances are you want to upgrade to the official iOS 5 firmware. The question I am sure you are asking yourself right now, however, is can I upgrade to the iOS 5 firmware and still unlock my iPhone with my Gevey SIM card? The answer to that question is Yes, but you cannot just simply update to the stock iOS 5 firmware. You are required to make a custom iOS 5 firmware using a Jailbreaking Tool such as Sn0wbreeze or RedSn0w.

How Do I Unlock My iPhone On The iOS 5 Firmware?

First things first. If you are new to the unlocking scene you are probably wondering how one would go about unlocking their iPhone on the iOS 5 firmware; The answer is simple. You can either use a software unlock called UltraSn0w by the iPhone Dev-Team or a hardware based unlock called Gevey SIM card by Apple n Berry. The difference between a UltraSn0w and the Gevey SIM card, however, is that UltraSn0w only supports a limited number of older basebands while the Gevey SIM card supports a limited number of newer basebands.

Note #1: The Gevey SIM card works with the following iPhone basebands:

01.59 – 02.10
    03.10.1 – 04.10.1

Can I unlock My iPhone 4 with Gevey SIM Card on iOS 5?

As I explained in the intro paragraph, if you have an iPhone 4 that is currently unlocked with a Gevey SIM card, you can unlock your iPhone on the iOS 5 firmware with the same Gevey SIM card as long as you preserve your baseband while updating to the iOS 5 firmware.

How Do I unlock my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 with Gevey SIM card?

If you would like to proceed and unlock your iPhone 4 with a Gevey SIM card on the iOS 5 firmware you will simply need to follow our in-depth guide on updating to the iOS 5 firmware without updating your iPhone 4′s baseband in the process. This is a relatively simple thing to do and involves using RedSn0w. The only downside to this guide is that at this time only RedSn0w 0.9.9b5 can create a custom IPSW to preserve your iPhone 4′s baseband. The reason this is a downside is because RedSn0w 0.9.9b5 is only compatible with the Mac OS X operating system at this time. Meaning if you are a Windows user you will need to use Sn0wBreeze to preserve your iPhone 4′s baseband while updating to the iOS 5 firmware.

After following the how to guide shown above you can proceed to setting up your Gevey SIM card on the iOS 5 firmware.