How to bypass registration screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mrteeth, Apr 24, 2012.

1. mrteeth macrumors newbie

Hello everyone-

This is my first experience with an Apple computer. I bought it used for my son for his birthday (next month). I reinstalled the O/S using the discs from the previous owner. Right now, it's asking for the Apple ID/password, which I skip. But the next screen asks for Registration Information. I don't want to register it just yet. I want to let me son register since he has all the information (phone/email/etc.). How can I do this?

Thank you-

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

3. mrteeth, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012

mrteeth thread starter macrumors newbie

Got it. But then it goes to the "Create Your Account" screen. Again, I don't want to put in anything yet. I want to let my son do all the registration, etc. I just want to get it to the 'Desktop' screen so at least he can play around with it a bit before he registers.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

5. zewazir macrumors member

The registration process also creates the primary user ID. You can skip the actual registration where the Mac makes contact with Apple, but you cannot bypass creating a user ID. Without a user ID, you cannot get to the desktop.

6. minifridge1138 macrumors 6502a

Personally, when giving someone a 'new' mac, I like to let them boot it and watch the "Welcome" video. Then they can create their account.