how to bypass the parental controls

Discussion in 'macOS' started by macmaster24, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macmaster24 macrumors member

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could please tell me how to bypass the parental controls on OS X 10.6. I have been trying to figure it out for some time now and I am beginning to become desperate. If anyone could give me some advice on bypassing/overriding mainly the web proxy and time-limits, it would be oh so very appreciated. Thanks!:D

2. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

Why not just ask your mom if she'll unlock it for you?

3. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

not trying to sound rude, but if your parents locked it then they did it for a reason. My parents originally locked our 27 inch iMac, but after I proved that I could use it responsibly I just asked and they removed the restrictions from my account.

4. macmaster24 thread starter macrumors member

Well thanks, but my ingenius mother and father forgot the password they applied to employ the controls in the first place.

5. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

A likely story!

Shouldn't you be in bed now, anyway?

6. macmaster24 thread starter macrumors member

lmfao very funny im like 19

7. simsaladimbamba

Thanks for the laughs.
    And I'm like 33, yeah.

Btw, kudos to your thread title. Maybe you should make another thread and adding the word "please" to the title.

Anyway, if your parents lost the password, they could easily restore that.

PS: I like your ironic user name.

8. macmaster24 thread starter macrumors member

Hahaha no problem. Its just that i dont want to go threw all the hassle of restoring the whole system. if u have any ideas to make it go along a little faster, it would help.

PS: I no my username and the thread dont really go together, but i no a fair bit on wireless network hacking and ive become quite good at it; hence the username :D

9. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

well you could always use that terminal command to set up a new admin account and take of the parental controls from there

10. macmaster24 thread starter macrumors member

i dont mean to bother you but could u tell me how exactly that is done?

11. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

It can't be done.

12. macmaster24 thread starter macrumors member

13. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

[​IMG]

All kidding aside, if your parents really have forgotten their parental control password, they would have to promote your account to administrator, then demote you back to user.

This should remove the controls in existence. Of course, once you're back to user, they can reimpose new controls if they'd like.

If you already have supplanted admin access, there was nothing any of us could have done to stop you from sabotaging your parental controls anyway.

14. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

best thing to do, is this. it will reset the admin account password. :)

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

19 year olds who no a fair bit on wireless network hacking should have no problem doing that.

16. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I agree. Google is your friend when it comes to things like this.

17. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

Our daughter figured out the admin password and created copies if ichat all over her system and wreaked general havoc. I wound up doing a wipe and install and creating a password she could not guess. When our son left for college, I removed parental controls from his account and promoted his account to an admin account. We also changed his password so our daughter couldn't get around parental controls just by logging in as him.

Parental controls can be a good thing but they are a bit buggy. We found that sometimes our daughter could break the rules for no apparent reason.

How long ago did your parents set up parental controls? You mean they can't remember their own password for the Mac? There are things they can do to recover it, again google is your friend. But I have no interest in helping someone defeat parental controls after what we went through with our daughter. The person who should be straightening this out is the person who broke it in the first place: the parent.

One thing you can do is back up the stuff you care about and do a wipe and install of the OS and set an admin password everybody can agree on and remember.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.