How to calibrate yellow tint?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by aware, Apr 8, 2014.

1. aware macrumors member

Is there a way to calibrate yellow tint on iMac through software?

2. blanka macrumors 68000

Not really. It is caused by the white point, and thus the backlight. But you could clip the range a bit and get it more blue. Try it in Monitor setup if it satisfies you.

3. Chippy99 macrumors 6502a

Of course there is.

OP can buy a colorimeter and calibrate the screen.

/End of debate.

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You have some built in calibration ability. Open System Prefs and open the Displays pane then go to the Color tab. Now select the default profile for your iMac then click the Calibrate button and turn on expert mode then go through the calibration steps.

5. WMD macrumors regular

Flux can make the screen more yellow, but not less. It's not clear what the OP wants...

aware, are you looking to remove an existing yellow tint, or add one?

6. aware thread starter macrumors member

To remove the yellow tint. I tried calibrating the white point but can't match my MBP 15. Are all iMac display warmer than MB?

7. WMD macrumors regular

Apple uses what's popularly known as a "panel lottery," that is, they use panels from different companies for the same computer. For example, the Retina MBP comes with either a Samsung or LG panel. So different iMacs may look different.

I must admit I'm not an expert on display calibration. If you've played with the built-in calibration utility for a while and can't get what you're looking for, either you'd need professional hardware/software to do it, or it may not be possible. (They'd never look exactly the same unless they were the same panel.)

8. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Wrong. Two panels won't look exactly the same unless they have both been calibrated even if they are the same manufacturer. Just buy a colormunki display. They're not that expensive.