How to cancel your Pre-Order and get your eligibility reversed if you find an iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Argentine86, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Argentine86 macrumors regular

For those who are thinking of trying to find one in store on Friday 9/19 and cancel their pre-order, I got some good info from an AT&T rep online. I want to try and find one in store and cancel my apple.com order but was worried that my upgrade eligibility will not reset immediately If I cancel my order at the store. This will only work if your iPhone does not ship yet since I believe you cannot cancel your order when it is being shipped.

Here's what I found out (See image for reference)

1) If you cancel you preorder, it can take AT&T up to 3 days to reverse your upgrade eligibiity. So even if you find an iphone in an Apple Store, you will likely not be able to buy it using your upgrade if you cancel it when at the apple store. Sometimes you can get lucky tho...

2) For AT&T customers, you must find the phone at an AT&T Company store, not an AT&T Retail store (or Apple Store). Retail stores cannot reverse/reset your upgrade eligibility once you cancel your order (apple.com). Company stores can.

3) To find an AT&T company store, go to AT&T Maps and look for stores that are Company Stores, not Authorized Retailers.
    https://www.att.com/maps/store-locator.html#fbid=FhP_sQV-wY7

4) Past Experience: I bought my iPhone 5 on release day from a Company Store with no crazy lines. Seems people think they'll only find one in an Apple Store. Hoping I can try the same.

[​IMG]

2. Lasereyes macrumors member

I was eligible seconds after I canceled my pre-order with AT&T. The 3 day deal is just to cover their bases.

3. bgro macrumors 6502a

I was eligible about 15 minutes after canceling the preorder. I was told it can take up to 24 hours..