How to carry your iMac on a plane

Discussion in 'iMac' started by aceone, Feb 25, 2012.

1. aceone macrumors newbie

Hello, a few months ago I was going crazy on finding ways to carry my iMac 21.5" from Chicago to Belize on the plane with me. That was a flight from chicago to houston, and another flight from houston to belize. After searching like crazy online, buying and returning carry on bags that were too small to fit the iMac i almost gave up. So I decided to write this for any person that is in the same situation i was a few months ago.

I finally found this bag ( Nike Eugene Duffel Bag) here: http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-361419/pgid-510865 I was about to leave the store when i saw it on the floor (it was sent from heaven) took it home and found out the iMac fits perfectly with the stand, and wrapped in bubble wrap. I was able to fit the keyboard box with accessories and a few clothing items. It seems that it is expensive online.. I got it at Target for $30 :)

Carried it on the plane with one small problem... Chicago to Houston i picked a seat next to the window and the iMac fit under the seat infront perfectly. Houston to Belize i chose a seat next to the aisle and it did not fit. They had me put the iMac on the top compartments where everyone else puts their normal carryons. I was worried it would move around a lot but the iMac reached perfectly fine to my destination :)

2. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

This is always good to know although I am not sure I would ever take my iMac as carry on lol