How to center photos when editing in Photos app?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by The Toddler, Oct 16, 2016.

1. The Toddler macrumors member

The Toddler

When editing a photo in the built in Photos app, is there a way to tell where the center of the photo is when resizing it? You get the grid of 9 boxes, but it's hard to tell where the exact center is -- especially if you're editing a panoramic shot, because that center rectangle gets very wide. I used to be able to eyeball it a little bit left-to-right by referencing the "shared" cloud icon on the bottom, but with iOS 10, that's not dead center on the bottom anymore.

Thanks.

2. The Toddler thread starter macrumors member

The Toddler

Nobody likes to center their photos? :( Are there any other apps that will do this?

3. Daranx macrumors regular

Daranx

Are you trying to crop an image? I usually end up eye-balling it depending on the type of photo. I find that if I'm trying to crop an image to used as a wallpaper (for example) I select the aspect ratio 16:9 and it crops at the middle of the photo more or less as long as I don't scroll or zoom any further

4. The Toddler thread starter macrumors member

The Toddler

Yes, it's when I'm cropping an image. Most of the time it's a panorama. I often aim for symmetry when taking shots. Say if I had a picture of the White House, I would like to center my shot on the front door. Photo editing programs like Photoshop will usually tell you where the center of an image is when cropping, and I was hoping Apple had something similar.