How to centre align a AP-Element

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by cmeegama, May 25, 2007.

1. cmeegama macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,
    1. Does any one know how to centre align a AP-Element on the website, so that it moves as we change the size of the browser window, just like when we when a centre aligned table changes its position with the window.
    Is this possible? if not is it ok to design a site completely from div's?

2. I am a freelance webdesign and working on moving to css from tables. So started working changing my website to css. If you guys can go through my website just for 2 minutes and give me a feedback (from both design and marketting perspective)so that I could make design a better site I would really appreciate it. www.quarddesigns.com
    Thanks a lot
    Cheers

2. eto macrumors member

20,000 leagues under the sea and or Duluth
    maybe try this.

Taking control of people's browser size is not very cool. I personally adjust the size to my own liking and really hate have to readjust. Maybe I'm old and cranky:eek:

3. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

I really don't like that you resized my browser window. But other than that, it looks really nice I think.

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

What exactly do you mean 'AP-element'? Depending on the element you can either use CSS like so: text-align:center;, or do a margin:0 auto;

Like the other people have said, controlling a visitors' browser size is uncool. Luckily my browser doesn't allow a site to control it.

5. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Woah, Safari went huge. :eek: But why does it have to be resized that big? The text/image thing was only like 600 pixels wide.