how to change all icons on tiger

Discussion in 'macOS' started by superspud, Dec 6, 2007.

1. superspud macrumors regular

So i have decided i want to "spice up" my mac a bit and change out the icons. I downloaded several sets that i like but the only way i know how to do it is to change each icon one at a time. is there a way to change ALL folders at once?

also, if i make a new folder, is there a way to make that folder pop up with the new icon that i set the others to?

please advise.

2. superspud thread starter macrumors regular

hmmm, is that just for leopard?

im a bit confused, its a program that i have to download/buy in order to change all of the icons?

anyone?

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Candybar is currently only for Tiger, IIRC. If you want to make manual changes to the icons you'll have to delve into the System Library folder to replace the standard icons with your custom ones. I like Candybar, personally.

4. superspud thread starter macrumors regular

im really quite new to this stuff, just got my mac about 6 months ago and havent had a chance to explore

could you go into a bit more detail about either candy bar or how to manually change them?

5. superspud thread starter macrumors regular

p.s. i just checked out the candy bar thing in the link above, its only for leopard....

6. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Ahh, I still use Candybar 2 for Tiger. Maybe there's an old repository of it out there on teh intarwebs.