How to change all the icons for MAC OSX 10.8.3 BootScreen?

m4v3r1ck

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
The Netherlands
Hi all,

Just tweaked some new and to me very EyEcandy icons on my MP OSX 10.8.3 and I would like to have all same icons in my bootscreen.

Hope you like my tweak so far? ;-)

1. When in Windows 8 Pro x64, how can I change the icon of the BootCamp Windows partition for my bootscreen?

2. How to do the same for the FW-800 recoverydisks that now has the standard & yellowish HDD icon?

Anybody succeeded yet doing so?

Thanks for reading and any directions are much apprecaited.

Cheers!

justperry

macrumors G4
Aug 10, 2007
Home is everywhere and nowhere.
Hi all,

Just tweaked some new and to me very EyEcandy icons on my MP OSX 10.8.3 and I would like to have all same icons in my bootscreen.

Hope you like my tweak so far? ;-)

1. When in Windows 8 Pro x64, how can I change the icon of the BootCamp Windows partition for my bootscreen?

2. How to do the same for the FW-800 recoverydisks that now has the standard & yellowish HDD icon?

Anybody succeeded yet doing so?

Thanks for reading and any directions are much apprecaited.

Cheers!
I am pretty sure you can't since those are in the firmware.

justperry

macrumors G4
Aug 10, 2007
Home is everywhere and nowhere.
Wich do you mean by those Perry?
Internal disks, but now I am thinking, I might/am (be) wrong, my internal has a custom Icon and it does show up in the Boot manager.
If that is the case it is as easy as clicking on the Data Carrier (HD/SSD,..., get info on it and paste the Icon into it.

Edit: This is in OS X, don't know if it will work in Windows, if it is even possible, if not just do it on the OS X side.

m4v3r1ck

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
The Netherlands
Internal disks, but now I am thinking, I might/am (be) wrong, my internal has a custom Icon and it does show up in the Boot manager.
If that is the case it is as easy as clicking on the Data Carrier (HD/SSD,..., get info on it and paste the Icon into it.

Edit: This is in OS X, don't know if it will work in Windows, if it is even possible, if not just do it on the OS X side.
My icons tweak in OSX, but the HDD partition "WIN8_PROx64" isn't showing as is in the bootscreen so I think this needs to be tweaked in Windows.

Thanks & Cheers!

m4v3r1ck

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
The Netherlands
Anybody?

Hi all,

Still trying to change the Bootcamp Windows 8 icon in my OSX 10.8.4 bootscreen. Haven't found the wright solution yet!

Any directions much appreciated!

Cheers :cool: