How to change an app's Language?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by doxavita, Jul 29, 2017.

1. doxavita macrumors 6502a

So I see most apps have several languages available ( listed in the app's description in the iOS App Store)

Is there a way to switch a specific app's Language to one of my choice , but without having to change the entire iOS device's language?

2. doxavita thread starter macrumors 6502a

Does anyone know if the following procedure might work?:

By going into: Settings > General > Language & Region > Preferred Language Order. (apparently Apps and visited websites are affected by this)

And then rearranging my preferred language to the very top.
    Would this have a temporary character if I then rearrange English as the top option again?

3. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

You can certainly try it out yourself. If there's no change for you, then just change it back. It won't hurt anything to try it.

I do see some apps that allow you to change the language in the app's settings.
    If it is a specific app, from another developer (not Apple), then have you considered contacting the developer to see if they have some way to help you out?

4. lexvo macrumors 65816

Yes, you can rearrange the languages as you like, and change it later again if you wish. If I remember correctly, the device will reboot after you change the order.
    The preferred language order affects all apps, so you can't set it for a single app.