How to change aperture library to iPhoto library

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by djsound, Sep 25, 2012.

1. djsound macrumors 6502a

djsound

I used to use Aperture so I have my photos saved as a aperture library...but I don't use aperture anymore because iPhoto suits my needs just fine. SO what I have been doing is opening my aperture library with iPhoto I guess. That works fine but when I go to itunes because I want to sync my photos to my phone....I select iPhoto to sync my photos...it will not sync because the library is not actually a iPhoto library I guess. Any ideas as to what I should do? I don't think I can "convert" the aperture library to a iphoto one....can i?

2. Mike in Kansas macrumors 6502a

Mike in Kansas

I believe that it will only sync to the most recent iPhoto library that has been opened. If you open your Aperture Library by first opening Aperture and then using the "Open Library in iPhoto" it may not recognize it. Have you tried opening it just in iPhoto first; do this by holding down the "Option" key when launching iPhoto and selecting your Aperture library. Then, quite iPhoto and see if this library now shows up in iTunes.

I'm not certain if this will work as I haven't tried it myself; I'm just trying to think of reasons why you can't see the library from iTunes.

3. djsound thread starter macrumors 6502a

djsound

That is exactly what I tried. I do not even have a iPhoto library. Just a aperture library opened in iphoto. =) a bit confusing....but since it is not a real iPhoto library itunes does not find it I guess..