How to change background (wallpaper) on custom lockscreen?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Bugeyeblue, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Bugeyeblue macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

I'm using typophone weather and ifile. Anyone know how or where to change the wallpaper? I don't know how to get the file info I need for the desired wallpaper, or where to put it once I find it.

2. SL4VE macrumors 6502

search on youtube very good guides on there, its pretty simple though just put the wallpaper of desire in the theme folder ssh/ifile and name it to lockbackground.png

3. Bugeyeblue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

I found a few videos, but they all show to go to a folder that I don't have to copy the file name from. Under var/stash/library I don't have a lockbackground.png or jpg to copy from. Any help here?

4. Bugeyeblue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

I also tried going to var/mobile/library/springboard but there is no lockbackground to select from other than a lockbackground.cpbitmap or lockbackgroundthumbnail.jpg. This is getting frustrating.

5. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

there should be a file named something like "wallpaper.png" in it or something. replace the photo with something named the same thing

6. Bugeyeblue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

I really appreciate you guys helping me out, but I need a little more specificity. I'm not having much luck searching google/youtube/forums for the answer on how to do this. Thanks.