How to change Country/Region

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sdahe, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Hello,

When I click to change the country/region itunes tells me that I need to spend all the current balance before I can change the country/region. The problem is that I have a balance of $2.02. If I buy a song ($1.29) I would end up with 0.73 cents... so I will be stuck right there... How can I spend $2.02 in itunes...

2. RedOrchestra, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013

RedOrchestra Suspended

Buy 2 songs!

Because you have a balance I'm guessing you used a gift card. Just enter a credit card number and the credit card will take up the remaining owing. Then once your purchase is complete, you can remove the CC information (best to give it a couple of days.)

Here's a link - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5582 - Order of iTunes billing methods

3. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

That's the problem... it won't accept my Visa Card

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I had this issue once; Apple support can remove the credit so that you can switch countries.

However, make sure that you've downloaded all of your previous purchases before doing so. After I changed countries my purchase history disappeared. There was also a thread on here a while back where the same thing happened to another person, so make sure that you have backups of everything.

5. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Thanks... I'll do that