Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Seacoast-NH

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
Seacoast NH
Hi,
I'm wondering if there's a way to change the Dashboard (Expose') weather from "Accuweather" (NOT Aptly named) to another weather feed? Has anyone done this? Its a bogus business development relationship that they patched together like "AOL" showing up on all PC Desktops, and launching Explorer with Bing. Also - to launch the actual site "Accuweather" you have to bring up the dashboard and click on the temperature within about 2 seconds - which can be hard with the touchpad. Boo Apple - not good enough for your standards (or ours).

forcefieldkid

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2010
Mine always says it raining, which for northern England is generally right, ho-hum.

You could try searching for a completely different weather app, you dont HAVE to use that one. I've never looked but I'm sure there'll be plenty available. Have a look here too, see if anything suits you.

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
Mine always says it raining, which for northern England is generally right, ho-hum.

You could try searching for a completely different weather app, you dont HAVE to use that one. I've never looked but I'm sure there'll be plenty available. Have a look here too, see if anything suits you.

I think forcefieldkid is right, to get a different weather service you need to get a Widget from another service to use instead of the AccuWeather one. You could try The Weather Channel Widget.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.