How to Change Dashboard Weather from Accuweather

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Seacoast-NH, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Seacoast-NH macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I'm wondering if there's a way to change the Dashboard (Expose') weather from "Accuweather" (NOT Aptly named) to another weather feed? Has anyone done this? Its a bogus business development relationship that they patched together like "AOL" showing up on all PC Desktops, and launching Explorer with Bing. Also - to launch the actual site "Accuweather" you have to bring up the dashboard and click on the temperature within about 2 seconds - which can be hard with the touchpad. Boo Apple - not good enough for your standards (or ours).

2. forcefieldkid macrumors 6502

Mine always says it raining, which for northern England is generally right, ho-hum.

You could try searching for a completely different weather app, you dont HAVE to use that one. I've never looked but I'm sure there'll be plenty available. Have a look here too, see if anything suits you.

3. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

I think forcefieldkid is right, to get a different weather service you need to get a Widget from another service to use instead of the AccuWeather one. You could try The Weather Channel Widget.