How to change default German language to English language?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by disay5, Jan 29, 2010.

1. disay5 macrumors newbie

hi! I got a hand me down ibook from a relative but the default language is in German, I cant understand German. Is it possible to change the language display for commands , instructions and icons to English? Please help...Thanks

2. Transporteur macrumors 68030

That's pretty easy.

Go to 'Systemeinstellungen' in the dock, select 'Sprache & Text' and drag 'English' in the left hand list to the first place.

After that, log yourself out or reboot the computer and you're done. Your complete system is now in english.

3. disay5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks transporteur, but unfortunately I didnt find 'Systemeinstellungen and 'Sprache' I saw text and change to english but still the language display still in german even if i restarted the ibook. The OS of the ibook is version 9.1

4. Transporteur macrumors 68030

I thought you were on OS X.
    Unfortunately I've got no idea how to change the settings on OS 9, sorry for that.

5. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Not possible with OS 9. Whatever language that was selected/used during installation is the language that is used. The only way to change the language is to reinstall the OS but with the English language.

6. sam321 macrumors newbie

convert excel, word, ms outlook to english

I also have a macbook air but with OS X, and I already converted it to from German to English, but how can I convert the excel, word, and ms outlook to english? Should I buy the English ms Office and English Outlook or is there a way to convert the existing ones?