how to change default new file permission settings?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by duxbelli, Apr 24, 2011.

1. duxbelli, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011

duxbelli macrumors newbie

Hi all,

So I am looking for a way to change the default file permission settings of new files created by, say, quickoffice or docs2go.

I have an iphone4 with iOS 4.3.2 jailbroken with rc14. I have moved my "productivity" apps out of their sandboxes and into root/var/stash/Applications.pwn so that they all share var/mobile/Documents/ -- however a new file created by quickoffice comes with drwxr-x-r-x, which causes some other problems.

Any idea where I should change the code so that the default permissions give guests write access as well?

Thanks!

2. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

Personally I use cyberduck. Then all you would do is go to the file ctrl+click and get info then change your permissions. As far as windows goes I'm sure it's a similar program but I'm not familiar with it.

3. duxbelli thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Shane, thanks for the fast reply. I forgot to specify that it's on an iphone. I changed the original post to indicate this.

4. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

That's how I do it on my iPhone. Just ssh into iPhone with cyberduck.

5. duxbelli thread starter macrumors newbie

I see. Actually I don't have trouble changing the permissions manually with mobileterminal. The main issue is that I want new documents to be created with the correct permission in order to avoid changing them manually.

Any ideas?