How to change disc permission?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by longbeach, Sep 8, 2009.

1. longbeach macrumors newbie

Hello everybody!
    I tried searching the forum, but i just can't figure it out!
    I was working on a hard disk, not my system disk, when I changed my permission from Read and Write to NO ACCESS
    Now it doesnt show up in my FINDER anymore and cant access my FINAL CUT PRO project I was working on.
    How can I change the disc permission back to READ AND WRITE so I can get to my HARD DISC again??
    Thanks in advance!,

beau

2. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

have you tried logging in as a different (admin) user?

3. HBOC macrumors 68020

is your "user" account the administrator? Sometimes when creating an account, this gets overlooked, and even though you are the primary user, that doesn't always mean you are the administrator; which gives you the proper authority to change anything. I would log out and see what other accounts there are on your machine.

4. longbeach thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried logging in as a different admin user and now the HD ICON is back on my desktop! But I still can't seem to change the permissions.. damn!

5. HBOC macrumors 68020

I don't know if this will work, but go into Applications>Utilities>disk utility. Try repairing the permissions. I haven't had this problem, so i hope i am not the blind leading the blind. :) So to speak..

6. longbeach thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried that already.. The problem is i can chose repair disc permission for my system disc but not for the other discs in my computer.. I didnt know it would have these consequences. thnks for your help tho, appreciated...